2.2c More sustainable production of raw materials
Kirin Group will create highly sustainable conditions for procuring Myanmar rice for brewing while fulfilling its social responsibilities to the region.
- We will promote contracted farming of domestic rice for brewing, thus contributing to the stable income of farmers.
- We will utilize the JICA-KIRIN fellowship program and cooperate with the Japanese embassy in Myanmar, JICA, JETRO, and trading companies to develop human resources who will shoulder Myanmar’s agricultural future.
- We will promote to use materials from Myanmar, create jobs, and contribute to economic revitalization.
1) Contracted firming ratio of procured rice for brewing
2) Temp staffing to meet the requirements of the JICA-KIRIN fellowship program, and promotion of human resource development by supporting JICA-sponsored agricultural seminars.
3) Ratio of materials from Myanmar
Goals for 2021
2) Deployment of
or more annually.
3) Can materials
Supporting domestic rice for brewing produced in Myanmar
At Myanmar Brewery, rice is used as one of the ingredients in the beer, so it is extremely important to secure a stable supply of rice for brewing.
We will work to conclude agreements for contract farming of rice for brewing in Myanmar and contribute to the creation of jobs and stable income for farmers.
Using materials produced in Myanmar
With the aim of contributing to economic growth and job creation, we are working to increase the usage of materials produced in Myanmar (can bodies materials).
JICA-KIRIN Fellowship Program
The JICA-KIRIN Fellowship Program began in 2017 as an activity to support the training of food science researchers in Asia.