1.3 Evolution in medical treatment
Kirin Group will continuously develop innovative drugs with its cutting-edge biotechnology and expand its commercialization activities globally.
- Based on our two strength of R&D and production capability acquired through developing and providing biologics, we will strengthen our drug discovery foundation and continuously provide products in our four main modalities—therapeutic antibodies, small molecule drugs, nucleic acid drugs, and regenerative therapeutics, using effective open innovation.
- Specifically, we will provide treatments for patients suffering from rare diseases such as X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH)
- XLH：X-linked hypophosphataemia
1) Number of new drugs discovered in-house and launched in multiple regions
2) Number of countries with markets for these new drugs
Goals for 2021
1) Three or more products launched in multiple regions
2) Over 50 countries
Evolution in medical treatment
We will strengthen the drug discovery foundation in each research area within our four main modalities, and continue to develop new products.
Developing unique pharmaceuticals to bring relief to patients around the world
In accordance with its CSV Commitment in the ﬁeld of health and well-being, the Kirin Group is working to continuously create ground-breaking new drugs and promote advancements in medical treatments. In line with that commitment, Kyowa Kirin has set the goal of marketing at least three new independently developed pharmaceutical products in over 50 countries.
Improving quality of life of patients around the world
The corporate philosophy of Kyowa Kirin, which conducts the Kirin Group’s medical business, is to contribute to the health and well-being of people around the world by creating new value through the pursuit of advances in life sciences and technologies. Under this philosophy, we are focusing research and development efforts on the four key areas of nephrology, oncology, immunology/allergy, and the central nervous system leveraging our cutting-edge biotechnology anchored in antibody technology.