1.5 Health and productivity management
As a company that delivers products and services contributing to consumer health, Kirin Group will create an environment and opportunities for its employees to proactively improve their own health.
We will also address any mental health issues facing our employees and work to prevent non-communicable diseases (NCDs). Also, as an alcohol producer, we will promote responsible drinking that encourages employees to be role models for society.
- We will establish a system facilitating a more flexible workstyle and create conditions that are easy to work within to ensure that employees can perform in a lively manner and to improve our corporate culture.
- We will assist employees in self-directing the maintenance and improvement of their own health and taking an active role in their mental and physical well-being, with emphasis on mental health and responsible drinking.
1) Recognized under the certified Health and Productivity Management; “White 500”
2) Engagement surveys regarding work–life balance and workstyle reforms
3) Stress checks (“psychological lively”) score
4) Drinking habits screening tests (AUDIT) score
Goals for 2021
1) Consecutive recognition under White “500”
2) Improvement compared with 2018
3) Score of 115
78 % (less than 10 points scored)
Health and productivity management and Occupational safety
Health and productivity management
As a conglomerate that delivers products and services contributing to consumer health and well-being, the Kirin Group will continue its efforts to create both an environment and opportunities for employees to actively improve their own health and that allow each and every one to enjoy their work. In addition to our customary occupational health and safety activities such as regular health examinations, stress checks, and measures for preventing health issues from working excessive hours, we are implementing measures that go a step further, drawing from our strength as a Group in the health sciences domain.
In 2017, the president & CEO of Kirin Holdings issued Kirin Health Declaration to employees. Our initiatives on this front are focused on four key themes with regard to occupational health and safety and employee healthcare: lifestyle diseases, mental health, workplace environment, and an appropriate relationship with alcohol.
Also in the same year, Kirin Holdings and Kyowa Kirin were recognized in the Excellent Enterprise of Health and Productivity Management—White 500 list released by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) for the fifth consecutive year.
Promoting responsible procurement: Kyowa Kirin Human Resource Development and Corporate Culture
Ensuring Occupational Safety
Occupational Health and Safety is a top priority for the Kirin Group. Accordingly, we strive to ensure that our workplaces are safe and hygienic and endeavor to understand and comply with all laws and regulations pertaining to occupational Safety and Health
Ensuring Occupational Safety Policy and System
Safe and Hygienic Workplaces
Occupational Health and Safety is a top priority for the Kirin Group. Accordingly, we strive to ensure that our workplaces are safe and hygienic and endeavor to understand and comply with all laws and regulations pertaining to occupational Safety and Health.
Compliance with Labor Laws
The Kirin Group complies with labor laws to maintain comfortable and healthy workplaces. In addition, team leaders effectively manage the work days and hours of the members of their teams while remaining considerate of members’ physical and mental health.