Coca-Cola Beverages Northeast, Inc.
Originating as a bottling business in New Hampshire in 1977, Coca-Cola Beverages Northeast has been operating in the northeastern United States for over 40 years. We were known as Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Northern New England until October 2019 when we changed our name to Coca-Cola Beverages Northeast, and are now one of the ten largest Bottlers in the United States. Coca-Cola Beverages Northeast not only provides consumers with delicious beverages but is also committed to our Values of quality, passion, integrity, diversity, and resourcefulness by investing in our people, our communities, and our customers' success.
June 5, 2023
With the U.S. economy expected to slow down, we will develop aggressive pricing strategies and in-store promotions that leverage the strengths of the Coca-Cola brand. Furthermore, we aim to generate stable profit by carefully managing operational and supply chain expenses.
2022 Year in Review
- We increased sales by implementing strategic price management.
- In response to the rise in raw material and labor costs, we implemented appropriate pricing strategies and cost control, achieving results that far exceeded our initial plan.
- One of the implemented pricing strategies was a price increase, which was implemented jointly by the Coca-Cola Company and its independent bottling partners. In doing this, price management tailored to the characteristics of each region was key. Coca-Cola Beverages Northeast conducted promotions at the appropriate times and managed the selling price increase strategically through close cooperation with the sales strategy team, sales representatives, and brand partners. This has boosted sales in retail stores during the COVID-19 pandemic, resulting in significant sales growth.
- We will generate more operating profit than we did in 2022 by following through with appropriate pricing strategies and cost control while keeping an eye on inflation and consumer trends.
- We will develop pricing and promotional strategies for each category and improve profitability of each by focusing on profitable SKUs (returnables), for example.
- We will implement initiatives to control the risk of rising distribution and warehousing costs, by improving productivity and enhancing operating profits.
- We will aggressively make facility investments to expand the foundation for growth. For example, we will improve operational efficiency in the Boston sales center (sales and distribution center) by installing a semi-automatic picking system.
Improving productivity based on data management that utilizes SAP
Coca-Cola Beverages Northeast has been reinforcing data management that utilizes SAP. Through these efforts, we were able to not only improve the operational efficiency of HR, manufacturing, warehousing/distribution, sales, and other sectors, but were also able to reduce costs during a time of unprecedented inflation and supply chain disruption amid COVID-19. In particular, we improved the speed of identifying and addressing challenges by constructing a system that visually depicts the performance of various departments, especially distribution, warehousing, and sales, to perform data comparison between sales centers. This has contributed to the improvement of productivity for each department.