Terms and Conditions
This web site www.kirinholdings.com ("Kirin Holdings Web Site") is provided and operated by Kirin Holdings Company, Limited ("Kirin Holdings") , Kirin group companies* and our agencies.
Prior to making use of this Kirin Holdings Web Site, please read the following terms and conditions regarding this Kirin Holdings Web Site ("Terms and Conditions") in advance carefully. You can use this Kirin Holdings Web Site only if you agree to and accept all of the Terms and Conditions hereof without limitation or reservation.
- The Group may amend the provisions of the Terms in the event of any of the following:
A. When such amendment meets the general interests of the users; or
B. When said amendment is not contrary to the purpose of the Terms and is necessary for a change in the contents of the Services, a change in the system, a change in laws and regulations or guidelines, a change in the competitive environment or other circumstances, or any other change, and such amendment is reasonable in light of other factors.
- Amendment to the provisions of the Terms pursuant to Item A of the preceding paragraph shall become effective upon the posting of the amended Terms on a specified page on the Website and announcing such amendment on the Website. Amendment to the provisions of the Terms pursuant to Item B of the preceding paragraph shall become effective after the amended Terms have been posted on a specified page on the Website for a period necessary for making such amendment publicly known. In the case of an amendment pursuant to Item B of the preceding paragraph, the period necessary for making the amendment publicly known prior to the enactment shall be determined by the Group according to the significance of the amendment and - for a maximum of one month.
- "Kirin group companies" herein refer to Kirin Brewery Company, Limited, Mercian Corporation, Kirin Beverage Company, Limited and other affiliates that use the domains of www.kirinholdings.com and www.kirin.co.jp.
All contents contained in this Kirin Holdings Web Site are protected by copyrights and other rights held by Kirin Holdings or by other parties that have granted to Kirin Holdings the license to make use of them.
All of those rights are protected under applicable copyright acts, conventions and other laws in each country, and you are strictly prohibited to use (including, without limitation, duplicate, divert or sell) any contents of this Kirin Holdings Web Site beyond the legally permitted scope (for example, private use) without Kirin Holdings's prior written permission.
All trademarks or service marks contained in this Kirin Holdings Web Site are held by Kirin Holdings or by other parties that have granted to Kirin Holdings the license to make use of them, and you are strictly prohibited to use any of them without Kirin Holdings's prior written permission.
Kirin Holdings does not, express or implied, warrant or accept any liabilities in connection with the contents of this Kirin Holdings Web Site with respect to accuracy, completeness, reliability, fitness for particular purpose and/or non-infringement of third party's rights. Kirin Holdings may change and/or alter the contents of this Kirin Holdings Web Site, or may suspend or discontinue the service itself provided through this Kirin Holdings Web Site at any time without any prior notice.
Kirin Holdings shall not be responsible or liable in any way whatsoever for any losses, expenses or damages based upon or resulting from the use, access and loss of chance to use of this Kirin Holdings Web Site, as well as shall not be responsible or liable in any way whatsoever for any damage or trouble in your software or hardware resulting from the use or access of this Kirin Holdings Web Site.
Information on Future Performance
Kirin Holdings may provide information on this Kirin Holdings Web Site regarding its future business activities and performance and those of its affiliated companies. Such forward-looking information is merely a forecast based on information available at the time of disclosure and may be subject to change due to a wide range of factors.
Kirin Holdings's actual business activities and performance are subject to change affected by a wide range of factors surrounding Kirin Holdings and its affiliated companies (economic affairs, market, exchange rates etc.), and you should be aware that Kirin Holdings shall have no obligation to update any information on this Kirin Holdings Web Site regarding its future business activities and performance and those of its affiliated companies.
External links to the Website
In principle, links may be added to Kirin Holdings Web Site without permission. However, we categorically refuse links from sites that are deemed contrary to public order and standards of decency, or are illegal. When creating a link, please indicate clearly that the link is to Kirin Holdings Web Site.
Kirin Holdings makes no warranties or guarantees whatsoever regarding the contents of the third party's web site(s) linked to or from this Kirin Holdings Web Site ("Linked Sites") and assumes no responsibilities or liabilities for any losses, expenses or damages occurred in making use of such Linked Sites that are independently operated by third parties. When making use of the Linked Sites, you are requested to carefully check the terms and conditions of such Linked Sites.
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are data files (or similar technologies such as web beacons) saved on computers, smartphones, or other devices of customers when accessing a website. Cookies enable acquiring information such as the web site pages visited by an access device user, the time of the visit, and similar data.
Note that cookies contain no data that enables identifying individual users.
2. Purposes of using cookies
Cookies saved on user devices serve the following purposes.
- To enhance user convenience, such as enabling access without password log-in
- To display information in line with customers’ interests
- To analyze the access status of this Kirin Holdings Web Site
- To simplify interaction with social media, etc.
- To disseminate behavioral advertising
3. A Third-party company using cookies
Application of third-party company tools and services using cookies
In order to meet the purposes listed above, Kirin Holdings employs tools and services provided by third-party companies, specifically those named in section 4.. In such a case, a third-party company which provides tools and services may collect the same cookies as Kirin Holdings.
4. How to disable cookies
(1)Disabling cookies by changing browser settings
Customers can select browser settings to refuse the acceptance of cookies and to display a warning when cookies are about to be accepted. Customers are requested to take note that certain services may become unavailable as a result.
(2)How to disable cookies of third-party companies
Customers who desire to disable advertising, etc., through cookies are requested to opt-out through the following websites of the companies concerned.
List of partners（Japanese） https://www.kirinholdings.com/jp/sitepolicy/cookie/
Proposals for ideas
The Group values communication with customers and strives to make use of valuable opinions from customers in the provision of better products and services. However, we refrain from accepting ideas, concepts, or other proposals (hereinafter the "Proposals") from customers regarding new products, designs, marketing, naming, advertising, etc. unless we request that customers do so.
If customers submit Proposals to us notwithstanding the above policy, they shall be deemed to have agreed to the following.
- The Group is not obliged to review, evaluate nor adopt the Proposals.
- The Group is not responsible for keeping the Proposals secret.
- The Group shall not be liable to customers for payment of any compensation or any other liability, even if the products, services and ideas of the Group are similar, in whole or in part, to the Proposals made by customers.
We ask for your kind understanding with respect to the above.
The following acts against the Website are prohibited and the Group reserves the right to eliminate, delete, or erase such acts without giving any notice to the person who performs such acts (hereinafter the "Violator") upon confirmation of such acts having been committed, and may require the Violator to cease using the Website and delete or destroy the literary work (including reproduced work in any form of media) pertaining to the Website. The Violator shall immediately comply with such request, and in the event any damage is caused to the Group or a third party as a result of such act, the Violator shall compensate for any and all damages at the request of the Group.
- Acts that have or may have a commercial purpose for the benefit of the Violator or a third party.
- Acts that are or may be defamatory or contrary to public order or morality.
- Acts that infringe or are likely to infringe upon the rights of others (copyrights, trademark rights, portrait rights, etc.).
- Expressions that make other users feel uncomfortable (such as obscene, violent, cruel, or discriminatory expressions).
- Acts that interfere with the smooth operations of the Kirin group or cause inconvenience to others.
- Acts that post private information (e.g., e-mail address, phone number, address and other personal information of the Violator or others).
- Acts that use or provide harmful computer programs and similar software.
- Acts that are or may be contrary to the concept of responsible drinking.
- Unlawful acts committed using the Website.
- Acts that falsify information relating to the Website.
- Other acts deemed inappropriate by the Group.
Applicable Laws and Jurisdiction
Use of this Kirin Holdings Web Site and interpretations and applications of the Terms and Conditions shall be governed in accordance with the laws of Japan. Additionally, unless otherwise specified, the Tokyo District Court has exclusive first instance jurisdiction for all disputes to arise regarding this Kirin Holdings Web Site.
For using this Kirin Holdings Web Site, the following user environments are recommended.
Please note that user environments other than recommended, and depending on customer browser settings even in recommended user environments, may not enable access or content may not be properly displayed. Moreover, some software applications may interfere with normal browser operation.
the latest versions of Microsoft Edge（Chromium）
the latest versions of Google Chrome
the latest versions of Safari
the latest versions of Safari
the latest versions of Standard browsers for Android
The Kirin Holdings Web Site uses encrypted communication for some services in order to improve the security level. For using the services concerned, TLS 1.2 or a later version needs to be enabled in the browser settings. Since certain services are not available if browsers do not support TLS 1.2or a later version, or are configured not to use TLS 1.2 or a later version, customers are requested to check their browser settings.
Moreover, some services may not be available depending on firewall settings.
About the use of access log information
Kirin Holdings Web site records website access log information such as customers’ IP address.
This information is used for capturing the usage status of the Websites. Except for pages that require user authentication, no individual customer information is identified.
Kirin Holdings Web Site uses on some pages cascading style sheets (CSS) technology for building pages. For viewing, please enable CSS to allow pages to display correctly.
In order to provide an enjoyable user experience for a maximum number of customers including a diversity of technical environments and physical characteristics, the Websites are created with a view to accessibility using mainly web standard technology advocated by W3C.
Use of RSS
Kirin Holdings Web Site distributes news release updates via RSS. By registering with a dedicated RSS reader software or a browser that supports RSS, users can without visiting the disseminating site obtain information automatically when news releases are updated.