Kirin Group Global Quality Management Principle
Kirin Group has established the Global Quality Management Principle (KGQMP), which embodies our Quality Policy of "Consumer-first approach" "Steady focus on quality". Every Group company in the world adheres to the KGQMP to put effective and consistent quality management into practice. The KGQMP represents the key concept of quality management valued and adopted by the Group at every stage of the value chain—from the procurement of raw materials to product development and manufacturing to the distribution of products and services to consumers. Group companies incorporate the KGQMP into their company-level quality management systems to ensure the safety and reliability of products and services they offer.
Kirin Group Global Quality Management Principle (excerpt)
- Establish a quality management system and continually improve it
- Appoint a quality management manager
- Acquire necessary resources for quality management
- Ensure legal compliance
- Implement contractor management
- Maintain communication with consumers
- Establish quality requirements for licensees
Governance Structure for Quality Assurance
Basic Policy on Disclosing Information Regarding the Safety of Our Products and Services
- We collect up-to-date information regarding the safety of our products and services.
- When we receive a report of a safety issue with a product or service, we will collect more information regarding the reliability and implication of the report.
- We analyze and scrutinize the collected information scientifically, using the full range of the Kirin Group’s technology and organizational assets.
- If the analysis validates the report and finds that the product or service in question might affect consumers’ health, we will disclose it to the public immediately.
- If we determine that there is a probability that the product or service in question might be harmful to consumers’ health, we will stop marketing it, recall it, or take whatever action is necessary voluntarily.
How we deal with incidents that affect the safety and Reliability of our products and services
When a quality-related incident is reported to us, we take immediate action in accordance with the Group Crisis Management Manual, putting consumers’ health and safety ahead of anything else.
As a first step, the Kirin Group company that marketed the product in question establishes an internal crisis management taskforce, through which information is shared among the president, officers, and other relevant parties within the company, and relevant information is provided to the public and regulatory authorities to prevent a health problem from affecting a larger population.
The taskforce works with the Group Risk and Compliance Committee and other relevant departments to keep track of the incident, analyze the situation, and develop an action plan based on a worst-case scenario. After taking initial responsive action, the taskforce coordinates with other departments in implementing preventive measures against the recurrence of similar incidents.
Quality Management Training Programs
Director(Quality Assurance)message in Quality-Drive Month
|Group company employees in Japan||November|
|Quality management training||New employees||At the time of joining the company|
Internal audit training
Internal auditors in Japan
Several times a year
|Training on appropriate advertising expression of food and beverage products with function claims||Group company employees in Japan||May and June|